PHASE III Grant Distribution
The Rowlett Ready program of the Rowlett Community Organizations Active in Disaster (RCOAD) recognizes that small businesses are suffering from financial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The RCOAD Board of Directors, and the Rowlett City Council feel strongly that the Rowlett business community needs our support during this extraordinary health crisis. The Rowlett Business Stimulus (ROBUST) grant was developed to provide short-term, immediate financial aid to small businesses who have sustained economic losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is not intended to be the sole source to sustain a business during this health crisis. Businesses are encouraged to seek out additional sources of stop-gap funding in addition to this grant.
ROUNDS OF FUNDING:
This grant notice is for a third round of the ROBUST grant program. First and second round award recipients may refer to the sections below to determine eligibility for the third round of funding. PHASE III APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION DURING A NEW OPEN PERIOD.
First Round ($100,000):
The first round of the ROBUST grants were awarded in May 2020. Awarded applicants from this round are not automatically excluded from applying for the third round of funding. However, the new third round eligibility requirements will have to be met by first round grant recipients. This round of funding is now complete.
Second Round (up to $392,078):
Eligible applicants not selected for funding after the first round of applications will be funded in a second round. The maximum award amount is $10,000, minus any assistance received from Dallas County’s Emergency Business Assistance Program. Awarded applicants from this round are not automatically excluded from applying for the third round of funding. However, the new third round eligibility requirements will have to be met by second round grant recipients. This round of funding is now complete.
Third Round (a minimum of $519,820.51):
This round requires a new application as described below. The expected application period for this round is September 8, 2020, 8 am to September 21, 2020 at 5 pm. Eligible applicants will be to receive a maximum award of $25,000. The random selection process is expected to take place on or about September 23, 2020. All applicants must submit an updated application. First and second round applicants awarded in the third round will have their maximum award amount reduced by their initial award amount and any assistance received from Dallas County’s Emergency Business Assistance. Distribution of third round awards are expected to begin by the end of September.
This program is open to all non-home based, small businesses located within the City of Rowlett who meet the following criteria:
- Must have 100 or fewer FTE (full time equivalent) employees for payroll as of March 1, 2020 and have a 2019 annual gross income of less than $10 million.
- Must have a physical and publicly accessible location within the City of Rowlett in a commercial building or business district with a valid Certificate of Occupancy, and must have been in existence on or before February 1, 2019.
- Must be in good standing with the City of Rowlett with respect to taxes, fees, utility payments, and other financial obligations to the City.
- Must have current or anticipated revenue decline beginning March 1, 2020 resulting from COVID-19 impacts.
- Must be a locally owned, independent business responsible for all revenues and expenses.
- Must have experienced a loss of at least 25% in income since March 1, 2020 due to COVID-19.
- Must not have a conflict of interest (no award may be made to any business entity or person whereby grant consideration may be a violation of Chapter 171, Texas Local Government Code).
- Must not have received more than $50,000 in PPP, EIDL, CRF, or other government assistance.
- Home-based businesses, non-profit entities, businesses whose primary income is derived from rental/income-producing properties, and businesses that operate as an age-restricted business.
- Employees, and their immediate family members, of Dallas County, Rockwall County, or the City of Rowlett.
- Elected officials, and their immediate family members, of Dallas County, Rockwall County, or the City of Rowlett.
- Persons/entities who are a party to a lawsuit against Dallas County, Rockwall County, or the City of Rowlett
- Persons/entities who have been a party to a contract with the Dallas County, Rockwall County, or the City of Rowlett that has been terminated in the past 13 months because of insufficient performance.
Participation in other government-funded assistance programs is not an automatic disqualification for participation in the ROBUST grant program. However, funds received through other government-funded assistance programs, including government-funded programs managed by third-party intermediaries, cannot be used for the same costs for which ROBUST grant assistance is received
Information provided in this application may be considered public records and may be subject to public disclosure through the Texas Public Information Act. The RCOAD will endeavor to retain all submitted information on a confidential basis to the extent allowed by law. If submitted information is considered by the applicant to be confidential or protected as a trade secret, the information must clearly be marked as such.
GRANT AMOUNT CALCULATION:
$25,000 is the maximum grant amount, minus any previously awarded ROBUST grant amounts and Dallas County EBAP loan amounts. The actual grant amount will be based on a total of three months of business:
- Lease payments
- Utilities (excluding City utilities)
- the renting of existing equipment
- the payment of existing business-related loans for equipment, vehicles, and/or real estate,
- $3,000 of restart-up capital
The actual grant amount may be used for working capital.
Applicants may apply online at http://www.RowlettReady.com/ROBUST. Applications will only be accepted during the open period. Applications will be reviewed to confirm eligibility. Eligible third-round applicants will be awarded through a randomized selection process. Grants will be awarded until approved funding is exhausted or the grant program is ended, whichever occurs first. Continued funding of this grant program is not guaranteed.
Applicant agrees that if awarded, the business will stay in operation through November 30, 2020.
- Taxable Retail Sales in March 2020 and March 2019, or other evidence of gross revenue decline beginning .
- Lease, mortgage statement, or other documentation that clearly shows the full amount of the payment due as proof of Lease or Mortgage, and information for where direct payment of lease or mortgage payment should be sent.
- Proof of Payroll for period closest to April 1, 2020.
- IRS Form 941
- Proof of receipt of or application for other forms of federal aid.
- Additional information, documentation or clarification may be requested.
The Rowlett Business Stimulus Grant program is not intended to and shall not be construed to confer any right, interest or entitlement to any person or business entity, and any or all grants under this program may be suspended, revoked or cancelled at any time. Applications for grants will be uniformly considered based on compliance with eligibility criteria and on a first-come-first-served basis only; awards will not be given nor considered on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or any legally protected classification. Due to limited funding, no person or business entity will be allowed overlapping awards or more than one award, nor more than the maximum allowable grant. RCOAD reserves the right to decline any application for any non-discriminatory reason or to approve and provide grants of less than the maximum amount. Following an award, if any one or more of the Criteria is not met or it is discovered that an application contains materially false or misleading information, then as a condition of an award and of this program, the applicant shall immediately refund all grant payments previously made and all costs incurred by the City and/or RCOAD, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
By submitting an application or by accepting an award, it is an express condition that the applicant and recipient indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless the City RCOAD (Rowlett Ready), Rowlett Chamber Foundation, Rowlett Chamber and its members, officials, employees and representatives from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) directly or indirectly arising from or in connection with any act, omission or conduct of the City and/or RCOAD.
OPEN PERIOD FOR APPLICATIONS
The open period for the ROBUST Grant Phase III began on Tuesday, September 8th at 8 am, and continued through Monday, September 21st at 5 pm. The open period is now closed.
ROBUST Phase III Recipients
|Company Name||Lease Grant||Business Grant||Total Grant|
|5 Star HVAC||$25,000.00||$25,000.00|
|Deno’s Kitchen & Spirits||$25,000.00||$25,000.00|
|Pancho & Lefty’s||$17,000.00||$17,000.00|
|PHD Salon||$3,000.00||$750.00||$ 3,750.00|
|Philbro Holdings, LLC – Parkway Car Care||$17,329.72||$17,329.72|
|Redemption Barber Shop||$3,825.36||$3,825.36|
|Spoons Fine Frozen Yogurt||$11,884.10||$8,382.90||$20,267.00|
|The Nutrition Spot on Dalrock||$7,368.83||$5,747.04||$13,115.87|