Phase V Nonprofit Grant Program
The Rowlett Ready program of the Rowlett Community Organizations Active in Disaster (RCOAD) recognizes that like small businesses, nonprofits are suffering from financial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The RCOAD Board of Directors, and the Rowlett City Council feel strongly that the Rowlett community needs our support during this extraordinary health crisis. The Rowlett Business Stimulus (ROBUST) grant was developed to provide short-term, immediate financial aid to small businesses, and now nonprofits who have sustained economic losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is not intended to be the sole source to sustain a business or nonprofit during this health crisis. Businesses and nonprofit organizations are encouraged to seek out additional sources of stop-gap funding in addition to this grant.
Round V is specific to Rowlett-based nonprofit organization. The nonprofit grant has a maximum award total of $10,000 for economic losses based on losses from FY2020 donations, sales and events stemming from COVID-19 and its impacts.
- Must be a nonprofit organization, such as a 501(c)(3) Public Charity.
- Must have an active presence in the City of Rowlett, such as a membership including Rowlett residents, regular meetings in Rowlett, or a business office within the City.
- Must be in good standing with the City of Rowlett with respect to taxes, fees, utility payments, and other financial obligations to the City. Must not be delinquent in the payment of federal, Dallas County, Rockwall County, or other local taxes.
- Must certify that their nonprofit organization has been negatively impacted by the effects of COVID-19.
- Must not have a conflict of interest (no award may be made to any nonprofit entity or person whereby grant consideration may be a violation of Chapter 171, Texas Local Government Code).
- Must not have received more than $50,000 in PPP, EIDL, CRF, or other federal assistance.
- Awards must be used to fund non-discriminatory community-based programs. Utility assistance programs are cannot be funded through this grant.
- Private Foundations and Political Organizations
- Employees and their immediate family members of Dallas County, Rockwall County, or the City of Rowlett.
- Elected officials and their immediate family members of Dallas County, Rockwall County, or the City of Rowlett.
- Persons/entities who are a party to a lawsuit against Dallas County, Rockwall County, or the City of Rowlett.
- Persons/entities who have been a party to a contract with the Dallas County, Rockwall County, or the City of Rowlett that has been terminated in the past 13 months because of insufficient performance.
Participation in other government-funded assistance programs is not an automatic disqualification for participation in the ROBUST grant program. However, funds received through other government-funded assistance programs, including government-funded programs managed by third-party intermediaries, cannot be used for the same costs for which ROBUST grant assistance is received.
Information provided in this application may be considered public records and may be subject to public disclosure through the Texas Public Information Act. The RCOAD will endeavor to retain all submitted information on a confidential basis to the extent allowed by law. If submitted information is considered by the applicant to be confidential or protected as a trade secret, the information must clearly be marked as such.
Applicants may apply online at http://www.RowlettReady.com/ROBUST. Applications will only be accepted during a 14-day application period. Applications will be reviewed to confirm eligibility. Eligible fourth-round applicants will be awarded through a randomized selection process. Grants will be awarded until approved funding is exhausted or the grant program is ended, whichever occurs first. Continued funding of this grant program is not guaranteed. The open period begins on Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. and closes on Thursday, July 22, 2021at 11:59 a.m. The Open Period is now CLOSED.
Applicant agrees that if awarded, the nonprofit will stay in operation for a minimum period of 3 months following the award of the ROBUST grant.
- IRS 990 or similar forms that show gross revenue for fiscal years 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Additional information, documentation, or clarification may be requested.
CALCULATION OF AWARD:
Take the AVERAGE revenue for FY17, 18 and 19 as stated on IRS 990 or similar form, then CALCULATE 10% of that average up to a maximum of $10,000 per applicant. Revenue cannot include governmental grants, funds or stipends.
|Total for all years (a+b+c)||(d)|
|Average Revenue (d/3)||(e)|
The Rowlett Business Stimulus Grant program is not intended to and shall not be construed to confer any right, interest or entitlement to any person or nonprofit entity, and any or all grants under this program may be suspended, revoked or cancelled at any time. Applications for grants will be uniformly considered based on compliance with eligibility criteria and on a first-come-first-served basis only; awards will not be given nor considered on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or any legally protected classification. Due to limited funding, no person or nonprofit entity will be allowed overlapping awards or more than one award, nor more than the maximum allowable grant. RCOAD reserves the right to decline any application for any non-discriminatory reason or to approve and provide grants of less than the maximum amount. Following an award, if any one or more of the Criteria is not met or it is discovered that an application contains materially false or misleading information, then as a condition of an award and of this program, the applicant shall immediately refund all grant payments previously made and all costs incurred by the City and/or RCOAD, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
By submitting an application or by accepting an award, it is an express condition that the applicant and recipient indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless the City, Dallas County, RCOAD (Rowlett Ready), Rowlett Chamber Foundation, Rowlett Chamber and its members, officials, employees and representatives from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) directly or indirectly arising from or in connection with any act, omission or conduct of the City and/or RCOAD.